June 14, 2018
Want to learn some cool facts about tea that you've never heard of? Keep calm, sip some Teazorean Tea and read on.
1. Legend has it that tea was discovered by Chinese Emperor Shen Nung in 2737 BCE. A tea leaf accidentally fell into his bowl of hot water, and the rest is history.
2. It takes around 2,000 tiny leaves to make just one pound of finished tea.
3. Green Tea helps protect brain cells from free radical damage and improves memory ability
4. The art of reading tea leaves is called tasseography.
5. Herbal teas are not actually teas because they do not contain leaves from the plant, Camellia sinensis. Instead they are infusions made from the roots, leaves, flowers, seeds and/or fruits of various plants.
6. You should always use fresh water when making tea. Water that has been boiled previously has lost oxygen which can make your tea taste flat.
7. Moroccan Mint tea is a favorite tea made in the Middle East. You can make it by adding spearmint leaves to black tea.
8. Various types of teas are supposed to be slurped. Slurping aerates the tea, increasing the flavors and allowing greater contact with your taste buds.
9. In Ancient China, tea was a form of currency. Tea leaves were pressed into a brick. one side was scored so that it could easily be broken if change was needed.
10. Tea used to be very expensive. It was kept in a locked tea chest in the parlour. The lady of the house was responsible for the tea and was often the only person with the key for the lock.
11. Tea strainers or infuser baskets allow tea leaves room to expand, producing a better quality tea.
12. Black teas are made from leaves that are fermented and then heated to remove moisture. The heat turns the leaves black.
* * * * *
* Tea Facts found from teaanswers.com
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 01, 2018
January 17, 2018
Discover how Azores is a leader in the sustainable renewable energy source called Geothermal Energy.
December 03, 2017
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …